Skip to main content

Update!!

Hi Everyone,

Returning to write this blog after long time.........almost 6 months. Here I was telling all about plans for new year and now already 6 months down the track, without much progress. But can't complain. Work load at other jobs has kept me busy and away from most of my art activities. Still have tried to keep up with few things. I have been regular in updating my Facebook page but could not find to time to blog.
So what I have been doing for all this time? Well all the Campbelltown Moonlight Markets in February, March and April were a great success. Huge response and met some wonderful people. Didn't even get time to take some photos of all those Henna tattoos I made. What a shame........ but still I had fun and I hope even all the kids, girls, women and even men liked their tattoo. Hope to see them soon!!
My Stall in April....Dear Husband was there full time to help me out!!

As I said I have been regular in updating my Facebook page 'Shri Creations' very regularly.  So all my new Greeting cards, Gift tags and even Paper Jewellery could be found there. Do have a look at them and give your feedback.
https://www.facebook.com/ShriCreations

Just today I have also made a Cover photo for the page. What do you think? Does it tell about my range of products? What could I improve further.



Meanwhile I have also tried to turn my original hand painted cards into digital print cards. Using Photoshop techniques I have managed to make different patterns out of one design. This would allow multiple copies of same design and could be cheaper then original cards.

Digital Cards

Digital Gift Tags

That's what I have been up to in last few months. Hopefully I will try to be more regular in blogging.
Have a good night!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Step

I started this blog when I had decided to take control of my life. It was April 2010. Long time has passed since then, but I had still not been able to do what I embarked upon. Someone reminded me that, I needed to move forward on the journey I had begun. But still I was afraid to step on the path, which will begin a new chapter in my life. I realised that I was scared of leaving my past and starting something completely new. Therefore I decided to choose some warm reminiscences and start on this journey. And the first thing that came to my mind was…Gardening, something I loved a lot, enjoyed and cherished. To reminisce a bit, I started helping my Baba in his gardens more than 15 years ago. I remember the Chrysanthemum collection he started back in 1995. Till then we had a very small garden with some flower and fruit trees. He suddenly took interest in this one plant and started collecting different varieties. Soon he had developed one of the most beautiful collections. Below are some

Watercolour + Photoshop

Hi Everyone, Like I said in last post, I will tell you about the new cards I made combining one of my watercolour painting and photoshop techniques. This was my original watercolour. Then I scanned it and treated in photoshop. First step was to change the brightness and contrast. Second changed colour range using colour balance tool. Then picking the background greens, applied a filter- angled brush strokes. This gave the following result. Now it is possible to print multiple copies of this card. All seasonal greeting cards are ready to print. Have a good week ahead! Cheers, Namrata

Watercolour painting

Good Morning Everyone, There is always a time when we look back on things we enjoyed doing.  Back in school and college days, I was very regular in doing drawing/ painting. Long gone are those days, when I would spend vacations taking different painting classes, learning new techniques and then making my own drawings. Come Diwali, and I would get busy making greeting cards with watercolour, poster colour and even pencil sketching at times. No two cards would be similar. I miss those golden days. Just recently I did some watercolour painting again. Revising my knowledge and skill was a hard job. But I managed as you can see the result is not so bad. Stage 1: Pencil Sketch Stage 2: Adding Grey and pink tones- one petal at a time Final Product  In my next post will show how I have turned this painting into digital greeting card. Till then have a good day ! Cheers, Namrata